Sending data to Feefo automatically
There are a few different ways to send relevant data to Feefo automatically rather than manually through the Feefo Hub.
These options all involve a bit of setup at the beginning but will save time in the longer term as there’s no requirement to remember to upload data periodically.
Option 1, Upload to Feefo’s SFTP server
You can upload a sales file to our server, which will then be processed automatically. How you automate the upload is up to you, as long as the file is made available to us and is correctly formatted, we will process it.
The file that you upload will need to be UFT-8 encoded.
Once your file is ready, use these server details to send it over (note that full credentials will be supplied during implementation):
Password: <Assigned as part of the implementation process>
Port: 2222 (non-standard port)
To find your merchant identifier, click on your name in the top right corner of the hub, or head to 'Settings' > 'Business Details'.
Option 2, Setting up a fetch
If we're given access to the location where your data file is stored, we can fetch the information daily, weekly or monthly. This will usually happen at around midnight (GMT) on every day that the upload is scheduled.
We support the following:
For security reasons, we recommend that you whitelist the following IP addresses, and to use an HTTP authentication username and password:
To get this set up, get in touch with our technical team with:
· The URL where the file is held
· The username and password, if you’ve set one up
· Confirmation of when you want the file to be fetched (daily, weekly or monthly)
If you process transactions through an eCommerce website this solution is worth consideration.
By adding an iFrame onto your site’s sale confirmation page, the information required to request a review can be sent straight to Feefo automatically. If you think this option could be best for your business, there are a few things to bear in mind:
· Only sales from the site registered in the Feefo Hub under ‘Settings > Brand Profile> Website Forwarding URL’ can be used. If you want to use multiple subdomains, let us know, and we will add these to your account
Here’s an example of an iFrame:
Here’s what each line of the iFrame means along with additional optional values:
· Src : The Feefo API URL for your Merchant Identifier
· data-feefo-email: The consumer email address
· data-feefo-orderref: The order number
· data-feefo-name: The customer’s name
· data-feefo-customerref: The customer’s reference number
· data-feefo-feedbackdate: The date that the feedback request should be sent (dd/mm/yy)
· data-feefo-date: The date of the sale
· data-feefo-products: The products included in the sale. This could include the description, the cost, a product code, and any tags that are used the identify the products
Once your iFrame has been added, your sales information will automatically be sent to Feefo so long as it passes all the checks which validate it as a legitimate sale. If any of these checks fail, the sale is rejected and the feedback request won’t be sent.
We’re unable to help with server-side scripts, but if you have any questions about Feefo’s iFrame, please do get in touch.
Without this, the sale will not process and not be sent to Feefo.