Sending data to by manual upload
The easiest way to upload data to request feedback manually is via the hub. If you don’t have the resource available to use one of our automated methods, then this is a quick and straightforward option that gives full control of when you upload data.
You can either upload multiple lines at once from a spreadsheet or add lines one by one in the hub.
By uploading your data this way, can then send out feedback requests on your behalf.
Here’s how to do it.
Sending multiple sales
- Log into your account, and once in the Hub head to 'Sales' > 'Upload Multiple Sales', where on the right hand side of the page you'll see the 'Download sales file template' link.
- When you download and open the file you’ll be able to see some template instructions, header descriptions, and an example line of data already on the spreadsheet. It's important that you follow the formatting instructions on the template to ensure a successful upload. (Please note that the column names can’t be changed or deleted, and you can’t add your own columns to the spreadsheet! If you do change these columns, the data won’t be uploaded correctly.)
- Fill in the information like this:
Name: This is where you enter your customer's name
Email: This is where your enter your customer's email address
Date: The date that the transaction, booking or shipment took place
Description: This is a description of the product or service that is being reviewed. This column can be left blank if it’s not needed, although the header of the column will still need to be present.
Merchant ID: This column tells the system which account to upload the data to. This will be the same for each line of data. To find your Merchant ID, click on your name in the top right corner of the hub where you'll find this information.
Product Search Code: This is the SKU or ID number that you use to identify the product in your business. This is used to categorise the product reviews together and ensures that the right reviews are displayed on your website’s product pages. (If you’re only collecting service reviews, you can copy and paste the description). You can’t leave this field blank.
Order Reference: This is where you enter the unique order reference for that customer's transaction/interaction. The order reference dictates which sale items are grouped into a feedback request email. If five entries share the same order reference, a single feedback request would be sent to the consumer, requesting feedback on all five items at once.
Tags: This column is optional and is for predefined tags for specific metrics such as or location. If you have our Campaign Manager Tool, you'll need to include the campaign trigger as a tag. Find out more about tags here
Feedback date: Also optional, this is the date that you would like the customer to receive their feedback request. If this isn’t required, you can leave this column blank and the request will be sent based on your Feedback Preferences.
- If a customer has purchased multiple items in the same order, you will need to fill in a line of data for each product. Make sure that the same name, email and order reference are used so the order can be grouped. This customer will only receive one email to rate all the individual products. This is the only time you should ever duplicate an order reference!
- Once you’ve filled in the spreadsheet, save it somewhere memorable on your computer and head to the ‘Sales’ > ‘Upload Multiple Sales’ in the Feefo hub to validate and upload the file.
- Check that your data file is error-free before uploading it by selecting ‘Validate Data’ and dropping your .csv file into the box. If there are no errors in the file when you're shown the validation report, select the ‘Upload Data’ option and drop your file into the box. Feedback requests will then be sent based on the data you've uploaded, following your feedback preferences.
How do I know if my data has errors?
After checking your file for errors, a report will load which shows you:
- The number of saved lines (the orders that have been uploaded successfully)
- The number of duplicate lines (this means that there is more than one line with the same order ref or product search code)
- The number of rejected order lines (if the number of order lines rejected is higher than 2%, the whole file will be rejected!) The most common reasons for rejected lines are:
- Incorrect column headers
- Merchant Identifiers aren’t in the right format
- The order line has already been used
Sending individual sales
- Go to the ‘Sales’ tab in the Hub, and then click on ‘Submit Individual Sale’.
- Fill in the online form. You’ll only need to complete the boxes which are not marked as optional, but to get the most out of reporting features, we recommend inputting as much data as possible. (The sales tag option will only work if you previously uploaded the tag on a .csv file).
- Click the ‘Upload Sale’ button when you’re done
If you’re struggling or need any more help with uploading your data through the Hub, get in touch with our team.