The following product catalogue fields can be used in tab-delimited (TXT) or comma-separated (CSV) files encoded in UTF-8 format.
Note that all field names are case-insensitive and the order in which they appear in the file is not important.
Click on the links in the table for a more detailed description of each field:
|Field name for a TXT or CSV file ||Required or optional||Brief description|
|search code||Required||An identifier for the product|
|title||Required||The name of the product|
|description||Required||The description of the item purchased|
|image link||Required||The URL to the product's main image|
|product link||Required||The URL to the product page for the product|
|merchant identifier||Required||Your unique Feefo identifier |
|gtin||Optional (recommended)||The Global Trade Item Number (GTIN)|
|*mpn||Optional (recommended if gtin is not supplied)||The Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)|
|*brand||Optional (required if mpn is supplied)||The brand name of the product|
|product category||Optional (recommended)||The Google category of the product|
|parent product ref||Optional||An identifier for the product's parent search code|
|product attributes||Optional||A list of additional attributes that the customer can rate for the product|
|tags||Optional||A list of service levels for analysing the data|
* = Product catalogues that include globally recognised product naming identifiers such as gtin, mpn and brand, and support Google's product categorisation, offer additional identification and matching benefits that Google uses when adding stars. These fields will also become more important in Feefo's future releases so although not required at present, we recommend that they are populated for each product.
Product Attributes are used to extend the single product rating that Feefo requests for products. Rather than just a single rating, you might wish to ask for additional more targeted feedback regarding certain qualities of the purchased items.
Each attribute listed in the product attributes field is separated by a comma which are then shown on the feedback form as separate questions for each attribute. For example, if the product is a t-shirt, you may wish to ask about the fit, colour and quality of materials. In that case, the product attributes field for this product would be:
- Fit,Colour,Quality of materials
Different products can have different attributes. For example:
- A pair of shoes could have the attributes fit, comfort and value for money.
- A washing machine could have the attributes noise, effectiveness of wash and value for money.
- A laptop could have the attributes performance, features, build quality and value for money.
If some products have attributes defined and others don't, only the products with attributes will have the additional questions. Those products without attributes will only display the default product question.