Supplying strong ID data for your product ratings is critical to ensure they get attributed to the correct product in your catalogue.
How do Google match products?
To give yourself the best opportunity for star ratings to appear alongside your products in your Google Shopping Ads you need to understand how Google match up your products.
Your review data from a Product Ratings feed is matched to your products based on several factors, the strongest of which being globally unique product identifiers such as Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs).
If no GTIN data is available, Google will attempt to match a review using other metadata such as:
- Brand + Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) pairs
- Product URLs
These alternatives don’t always offer the best match, however, and could cause issues to occur, which is why GTINs are preferred.
How can I supply strong ID data to Feefo?
There are several ways to supply this information to Feefo:
- Set up a connection between your Feefo and Google Merchant Centre accounts - click here for more information
- Provide the product GTIN along with each transaction in your sales data:
- If you send data via a sales file, click here for more information
- If you send data via our Entersaleremotely API, click here for more information
- Upload a manual product catalogue to your Feefo account, providing a list of your product SKUs and their corresponding GTINs
If your Feefo account spans multiple language domains we recommend supplying the GTIN data via your transactional feed, alternatively please contact Feefo Support for further guidance.
All of the above methods also support a Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) if your products do not have a GTIN, but please note that Google emphasise that this option does not guarantee as reliable a match.