TABLE OF CONTENTS
At Feefo, genuine and honest reviews from real customers are at the heart of everything we do. We publish 100% of all customer reviews that our merchants receive, unless they violate one of our ‘grounds for removal’.
When a consumer leaves a review that claims, without evidence, illegal or fraudulent behaviour, i.e. that a business or consumer is engaged in dangerous practices, is a liar, scam, or selling fake goods or services. This list is not definitive and could include where actual court action or litigation is referred to within the content. We would also remove comments where a transaction was not accepted because of a fraud check - in this instance, the merchant would need to provide evidence would need to be provided by the merchant.
If the content contains dangerous information not related to the intended usage of the product or service, then we will reject it. For example, if a reviewer recommends modifying, customising, or adapting a product in a way that creates a safety concern, the review in question will be removed.
There is an automatic profanity filter applied to public facing pages however, you will see the full review when you log into the hub.
What we will remove
For example, we may remove a review if it contains any of the following:
- Litigious or safety comments
- Swearing or inappropriate language
- Irrelevant content
- Inappropriate media content
- Requested by the content owner
- Personal information
- Spam, advertising or marketing
- False content
- Competitor or pricing comments
- Reviews left in the wrong section of the feedback form
- Incorrect uploads
- Reviews not in the desired language
- Item not received – Product
- A score that does not match the comment
- Incentivised content
What we won't remove
We also occasionally get asked to remove reviews, which we will never do unless they include anything listed above. For example, we won’t remove:
These lists aren’t exhaustive, and you can read a more detailed guide to our review guidelines.
If you feel that you’ve received some feedback that should be removed, you’ll need to flag the review for moderation. Here’s how you do it from the Feefo Hub:
- Click on the review, and go to 'actions' > flag for moderation
- Make sure you give as much detail as possible about the situation, and why you believe the review should be removed so that the moderation team can get enough insight and context
- Once your request has been submitted, we may get in touch to ask for more information
- We’ll let you know by email whether we’ve removed the review or not. If we’ve decided not to remove the review, we’ll give you the reasons why
Each review can be flagged a maximum of 3 times. After a 3rd attempt, a message will appear, letting you know that they need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance with the review.