Our Highlighted Topics widget is designed to speed up the decision-making process for shoppers by giving your customers easy access to the most popular themes that are trending around your products and services.
By grouping the most talked about topics and letting you edit and position this independently of your on-page integrations, you’re able to enhance the entire customer journey and drive conversions.
How to install a Highlighted Topics widget
- Login to the Feefo Hub and head to the Widget Gallery by clicking on ‘Marketing > Widget Gallery’ in the left-hand menu
- Scroll down and select ‘Highlighted Topics’
- On the ‘Create New Widget’ page, start by giving your widget a unique name (you will not be able to save your widget without a name)
- Select which of your reviews you want your widget to appear for from the following options:
- All products (Filter by ‘Google Product Category’ or ‘Sales Tags’)
- Single product (Filter by ‘Sales Tags’)
A live preview of your widget will update on the right-hand side, showing your latest customisation choices as they’ll appear on your website.
- Select the number of topics you want to display
- Adjust the positive or negative sentiment for the reviews using the slider
- Click ‘Save settings’
- Once you’ve saved your widget, click the ‘Installation Guide’ button to generate your unique HTML codes needed to embed the widget onto your website
Copy the Topics Script and paste it in your website's HTML code in the <head> element on the page you would like the widget to appear on.
You also have to add the Integration Code below to the <body> element of the HTML on the page and in the location where you want the widget to appear.
Customising your Highlighted Topics widget
You can further customise the following elements of your Highlighted Topics widget using the ‘customise’ menu in the widget editor:
- Alignment and padding
- Displaying the number of reviews and the Feefo logo
- Background and borders
- Title of the widget
- Font type, size and colour
- Background colour and border radius
Managing your Smart Themes widgets
Once you’ve created and saved your Highlighted Topics and Snippets widgets, you can manage them using the corresponding widget menu.
To bring up the widgets menu, head back to the Widget Gallery and click on either the ‘Highlighted Topics’ or ‘Highlighted Snippets’ option.
From the widget menu you can:
- Switch on and off the visibility of your widgets
- Click into and edit each individual widget
- Create new widgets
I don’t have Smart Themes; how can I add it to my account?
If you don’t have Smart Themes as part of your Feefo package, click on ‘Additional features’ and then ‘Get in touch’ to request a call back. Alternatively, you can contact your Customer Success Manager or our Support team directly.