This article discusses the second stage of setting up Advertising for Facebook but only applies when you want to create a product catalogue from an existing Google Shopping Feed.
- Ensure you have completed all steps in Connecting Your Feefo Account to Facebook.
- Ensure you have also Connected Your Googe Shopping Feed.
- Having connected your Facebook Business Manager to your Feefo account, you will now see a form as below:
- The next step is to create a product catalogue that holds Feefo's product ratings for the Facebook Dynamic Ads. Although this article uses a Google Shopping Feed, the product catalogue can also be generated from a Facebook Product Catalogue.
- Click 'Create from existing Google Shopping Feed' to see the following form:
- The destination product catalogue is always a Facebook Product Catalogue. This article assumes that you do not have a suitable existing Facebook Product Catalogue and so a new one will need to be created. Even if you do have a suitable Facebook Product Catalogue, to avoid possible conflicts when merging imported data with existing data, Facebook recommends creating a new product catalogue. Use the 'Create new catalogue in Facebook' link on the form to create a new Facebook Product Catalogue and follow the steps on the Facebook website. Once you have created a new catalogue, return to this article to complete the rest of the steps.
- Select the destination product catalogue from the drop-down lists. If the catalogue you need is not listed, click on the refresh iconto the right of the destination product catalogue drop-down.
- Choose 'Continue' and you will be presented with the following form. Clicking 'Cancel' will return to the previous form.
In the Feefo Reviews and Rating Data Mapping section, you will now define how the Feefo ratings data will be stored in the destination Facebook Product Catalog.
There are several options to consider, the first being what data should be shown in the adverts. The Feefo review data consists of up to 3 different data types and using the checkboxes you can choose which types you would like to display. The choices are:
- The average visual star rating
- The average star rating as a number
- The number of reviews used to calculate the average star rating
Secondly, choose which Facebook Product Catalogue field will hold this data. It can be one of the following:
- Short Description (this is the default).
Thirdly, choose where within the field this data will be added. The rating data can be:
- Added to the beginning of any pre-existing data (this is the default).
- Added to the end of any pre-existing data.
- Completely replaces any pre-existing data.
- Once configured, take a look at the 'Preview' to ensure the format and fields of the new information are as expected and that it displays correctly when added to any existing text (identified as 'Original Copy'). Note that the 'product_id' and 'title' fields shown in the preview will always show the same pre-defined example data. If further changes are needed, repeat the previous 3 steps until the desired content and format are achieved.
The next three options configure which products are imported from the source Google Shopping Feed to the destination Facebook Product Catalogue. The options are:
- To exclude products that do not have Feefo data. The default is to import all products into the new catalogue, including those that do not have Feefo data, but choosing this option will produce a catalogue that contains only products that have Feefo data.
- To exclude products with less than 10 reviews. The default is to include all products, but choosing this option will produce a catalogue that contains only products that have 10 or more Feefo reviews.
- To exclude products with an average Feefo rating of below 3. The default is to include all products, but choosing this option will produce a catalogue that contains only products that have an average Feefo rating of between 3 and 5 (i.e. between Average and Excellent).
- The final few options of this form determine how often and at what time (using UTC time) a synchronisation occurs between Feefo-mapped source catalogue products and the destination Facebook Product Catalogue. Each synchronisation checks for new matches within the connected source product feed and refreshes the destination catalogue with this new data.
- Once fully configured click 'Save' to add the Feefo data to the product catalogue or 'Cancel' to exit without saving.
- A list of Feefo product feeds is then presented. As this is probably your first product feed, there will be just the one shown however as others are added, the list will show all product feeds. Alongside each product feed there is the option to 'Edit' the options, which if sourced from a Google Shopping Feed will return you to the previous form allowing changes to be made. Choosing 'Delete' will, after confirming that you are happy to proceed, stop the syncing of Feefo data to the destination catalogue and delete it (in this case, Feefo Limited Offers - August would be deleted).
Further product feeds created from Facebook Product Catalogues can be added by clicking 'Create from existing Facebook Product Catalogue'.