gtin is recommended for both sales files and product catalogues if the product being uploaded or catalogued has a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN). You can use them to uniquely identify all your products or services that are priced and ordered by consumers. It is a standard, which means it represents an agreed industry-wide format for expressing something, in this case the number that identifies an item. Please be aware that a GTIN is allocated centrally by the organisation GS1, cannot be arbitrarily assigned and are strictly numeric. The inclusion of gtin or mpn and brand in your sales data or product catalogues will be required in future releases. Maximum character length is 14 characters (see below for the different formats). Mainly used by retail merchants selling branded products to ensure accurate matching of Feefo reviews to products when submitting to Google’s product rating programme. gtin is not used for unbranded products or for those that do not have a GTIN; use mpn and brand instead.
Usage is as follows:
|File type||TXT/CSV file field name||XML field name (case sensitive)||Required/Optional||Default value|
|Sales file||gtin||gtin||Optional (but recommended if known to support future releases)||None|
|Product catalogue||gtin||N/A||Optional (but recommended if known to support future releases)||None|
Supported values are:
UPC (in North America/GTIN-12)
- 12-digit number e.g. 323456789012.
- 8-digit UPC-E codes should be converted to 12-digit codes.
EAN (in Europe/GTIN-13)
- 13-digit number e.g. 3001234567892.
JAN (in Japan/GTIN-13)
- 8 or 13-digit number e.g. 49123456 or 4901234567894.
ISBN (for books)
- 10 or 13-digit number e.g. 1455582344 or 978-1455582341 (exclude any hyphens). If you have both, only include the 13-digit number. ISBN-10 are deprecated and should be converted to ISBN-13.
ITF-14 (for multipacks/GTIN-14)
- 14-digit number like 10856435001702.