A pre-post travel campaign template is only available to merchants with Multiple Campaigns.
This article discusses the settings needed to establish a campaign that has separate service and product touchpoints, sending a request for service feedback immediately after the customer has made their purchase and then sending a request for product feedback at a later date. This type of campaign is commonly used by the travel industry so has been named accordingly but it can be renamed and used by any industry where a split review process is needed.
To understand the key concepts of a pre-post travel campaign, it's essential that Single Basic Campaign is read first as many of the steps in this article assume knowledge of these key concepts.
- The example used for this campaign is the common scenario described above. A travel company, named My Travel, would like to put together a feedback campaign that will allow them to:
- Send a service feedback request after the customer has made the purchase asking "How was the booking experience?".
- Send a product feedback request after the customer's leaving home flight asking "Welcome to your holiday! How was the flight?".
- Send a product feedback request after the customer's vineyard tour asking "How was the vineyard tour?".
- Send a product feedback request after the customer's castle tour asking "How was the castle tour?".
- Send a product feedback request after the customer's return home flight asking "Welcome home! How was the flight?".
- Send a product feedback request after the customer's holiday asking "How was your holiday overall?".
- My Travel's requirement is best served by a single campaign with two touchpoints so the pre-post travel campaign template is the perfect starting point. The campaign is created following these steps:
- Click Create New Campaign.
- Choose Pre-Post Travel.
- Click on Continue.
- The campaign has the following structure:
- The Campaign Name defaults to Pre-Post Travel.
- Two triggers are created automatically, one is Post Booking and the other is Post Holiday. Post Booking is a service feedback request asking customers to rate their booking experience and Post Holiday is a product feedback request asking customers to rate their travel experience.
- The triggers are predefined with tag conditions of:
- Post Booking has campaign:pre
- Post Holiday has campaign:post
- All of the above values are defaults and can be edited using 'Campaigns > Pre-Post Travel Campaign > Edit'.
- The Feedback Preferences for each trigger comes preconfigured with the most popular settings but can be changed to suit My Travel's needs. This includes changing the content of the feedback requests and the feedback form questions.
- The Pre-Post Travel Campaign comes with two triggers so additional triggers are needed to request feedback about the flights and excursions. These extra triggers need unique tag conditions too, sending a single feedback request at the appropriate time. An example of the fully configured campaign is:
- With the campaign configured, My Travel can now put together a suitable sales file. The easiest way to do this is to use the Download example sales file feature to create a single file for the whole campaign as below.
- The feedback date for 'Post Booking' doesn't need editing as it's the same as the sale date. The other feedback dates need to reflect the customer's itinerary so need changing so that the feedback requests get sent shortly after each event. The following is a working example:
- This results in the customer receiving six feedback requests as part of the holiday booking, starting with one immediately after purchasing. The others get sent at different times throughout their two week holiday.
- To verify the design and content of each of these emails, use the Test Campaign feature. In this example, as the default for each trigger has just a feedback request email configured (feedback reminder emails and 'not tried yet' reminder emails aren't enabled), one test email per trigger will be sent. You may see the option to send a test feedback SMS too. This is enabled by Feefo SMS but only offered for testing if one or more of the triggers is configured to send the request by SMS.