Feefo’s preferred format for importing sales (sales files) and product (product catalogues) information is a tab-delimited (TXT) or comma-separated (CSV) data file encoded in UTF-8.
Although Microsoft's Excel is a convenient tool to create such files, you must be careful when saving so that you achieve the correct format and encoding. If not encoded correctly, Feefo may not be able to import it or you may see strange characters (e.g. question marks) in the place of non-ASCII characters.
To save a text file as a tab-delimited or comma-separated UTF-8-encoded file in Excel:
- Choose 'File > Save as' from the menu.
- Navigate to the folder where the file will be saved.
- Enter a file name.
- In the 'Save as type' dropdown, select 'Text (Tab delimited)' or 'CSV (Comma delimited)'.
- At the bottom of the form (near to the Save button) choose the 'Tools > Web Options'.
- Select the 'Encoding' tab.
- In the 'Save this document as:' dropdown, select 'Unicode (UTF-8)'
- Click on 'OK'.
If you need more help with encoding, please contact Feefo's Technical Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Sales FilesManually Uploading A Sales File